Haiti earthquake

Haiti earthquake

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The last post from Haiti

I woke up this morning with really mixed emotions! I am so excited about going home and hugging my daughters (Marc will be in Malaysia until Friday evening!... but I am excited to see him too!) This is the longest I have ever been away from them so I look forward to being back together as a family.

But my heart is heavy to have to leave this country and all the needs behind. I have been so touched by their beautiful smiles, their friendly manner, their open hearts. I have been privileged to meet so many amazing people.

All together we trained over 700 people here. Our training sessions responded to a real need and I thand God that the doors were open and we could respond to these needs. Yesterday I was at a Christian University in Limbé that has close to 500 students. We did a trainning sessions for young men and women studying to be teachers, pastors and chruch leaders. They were so hpappy to get the training.

I also visited a medical clinic who has had their numbers double since the earthquaake. I gave them all the medical supplies that I had brought that were donated by the Work Oriented program at Laval Liberty High School where I work. They were so pleased to get the items I brought.

I then stopped at an orphanage and shared all the craft material with them. I have been able to give money to a number of groups because of the generous donation of a church in British Columbia.

Everywhere I go I feel that the people need so much more! I am so grateful that I have had this opportunity and I know that I will never be the same because the people of Haiti are now in my heart and in my prayers.

When I get back to Montreal I will load some photos onto the blog and share with you the many lessons learned from this trip! Thank you for your prayers for the past few days. I have felt your love and your support for my work here!

No comments:

Post a Comment