Haiti earthquake

Haiti earthquake

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am home!!!


Last night when my plane touched the ground in Dorval I whispered a prayer of thanks. God had taken us to Haiti and back and we were all well and so happy to have had this experience. I was blessed with a wonderful group of people to travel with. Our team had been touched with the poverty and the hardship of the people of Haiti - but we also knew we had given something back.

I will be forever blessed by my experience. The faces of the beautiful children, the warmth and generosity of people who are so poor and so broken, the appreciation on the part of so many teachers, leaders and pastors who received our training... all these things warm my heart.

The situation in Haiti is so difficult - as I mentionned the people are incredibly resilant, but their hearts are broken by the fear, the corruption,the poverty, the grief of losing their loved ones. This is a picture of Raymonde - the woman who was pulled out of the rubble with absolutely nothing - not even clothes because she was naked. Her daughter died in the earthquake. Her faith in God is what is giving her hope to continue on!

I want to thank you for your support of my trip. I am back at school today and so many people told me that they were reading my blog and following what I was doing! I will be adding some photos in the next couple days so keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment