Haiti earthquake

Haiti earthquake

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Overwhelmed by the generosity

A couple weeks ago my colleagues at the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board and I had the joy to present World Vision with a cheque of over $35,000 to help with their relief efforts in Haiti. This money came from children across our school board who gave money to help the people of Haiti. There were children who were bringing in their piggy banks and taking money from their savings in order to help out. One young boy gave his Christmas money that he was saving to buy a computer. It was amazing. In total our school board raised over $53,000 to help Haiti!

As I have been getting ready to go to Haiti myself I have been so touched by the response of people. Students are writing cards and letters for the children of Haiti, the high schools where I work have donated money for me to buy pharmaceutical supplies, my church collecting supplies for me to take along, my colleagues bringing in toothpaste, crayons and hand-sanitizer! It is amazing.

I know I am not going alone - I am going with the thoughts and prayers of each of my friends and family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment