Haiti earthquake

Haiti earthquake

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting ready to go!

Today I received cards from the children of several of the schools that I work in. These kids had spent hours creating beautiful cards with messages of hope and concern for the children of Haiti. One girl who is in grade 6 handed me a bag with four home-made dolls that she had made for me to take to Haiti. I was so touched by their love and concern.

I have been buying supplies and collecting the items that my friends and colleagues have been donating. It is quite overwhelming. I am hoping that I do not surpass my luggage limits. I am trying to bring the bear minimum myself in terms of clothes and personal items in order to max out on items that I can leave behind for the Haitians.

Yesterday we had a special visit from Georges Laraque (for those who do not follow hockey he was a Montreal Canadian and he is a spokesperson for World Vision) come to the high school to thank the students for raising money for Haiti. He was so gracious and just encouraged kids by playing ball hockey with them! It was great!

I still have a lot to do before I leave but as each day passes I am feeling more and more blessed to be part of this team to do this project!

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, Jill forwarded your blog and let me know about your trip to Haiti. Please know that I will be praying for you and your team as well as for Marc and the girls while you are away.
    You are an amazing woman of God and I'm excitted to hear what He will be doing through you.

    Blessings,

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete